We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 31 October 2011

Challenge #55 Colour Combo

Afternoon all!  Thank You sooooo much for your cute with a dark twist entries, wow spooktacular!  Lin will be along with the winners shortly.  We're back with another challenge and this fortnight we'd love you to use the colour combo of PINK, BROWN & CREAM. 

You could be quite inventive with this one and maybe have a go at a Christmas card in that combo like Kim and Doreen have ;)  Look forward to seeing your entries!



We are sponsored today by ONE STOP CARD CRAFTS who are offering a £10 voucher for their store as a prize.
At One Stop Card Crafts we have a big range of ever changing discount making and card making craft supplies.

We are always adding to our range of craft supplies which are ideal for making handmade greeting cards, do-it-yourself invitations scrapbook pages, altered items and much more.
Our card making craft supplies include free UK postage, our popular discount scheme and quick service means our customers keep coming back for more.

Our prices are very competitive and this & makes us an ideal place to buy your card making supplies online. Some of our new products include Petaloo flower layers, Ranger Glitter Glue and Martha Stewart Punches. We also host a regular challenge at http://onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.com/


For this I used an image by Teddy Bo coloured with promarkers, flexmarkers and ultra fine promarker nibs.  The swirls are sizzix I've just got (and broke my C plate trying to work out the sandwich doh!)  Flowers are papermania and papers are My minds eye and unknown!

Tracy

I used a template to cut this card on my Craft Robo, the papers I have had in my stash forever so I don't know who made them but I felt they fitted this challenge perfectly. I added some Prima flowers and a piece of spotty ribbon as embellishments. I had my friends birthday card in mind when I was making this and she seemed to really like it.




This colour combination just suggested sepia-toned photographs to me, so I had a look through the images on my computer and came up with this one! It's from the Crafty Image Emporium CD from Crafty Computer Paper. I kept everything else fairly simple - some Coredinations (Chocolate Box) which I embossed and sanded, a ribbon punch, some ribbon and lace!



I decided to go for a bit of Oooh La La with my card and used a stamp from Paper Artsy Vintage Nudes Plate 1.  She is stamped in Stampin' Up Early Expresso, as is the sentiment.  The paper is from K&Co Classic K Bailey pad and the punch is Martha Stewart Garden Trellis.


I was really really stumped with this challenge! Being not a very pink girl this was not my sort of Challenge! So being ready to take this on I dug out my new First Edition papers and my wee Magnolia with Tulips stamp. Coloured her with promarkers made a simple layout and added some flowers to finish! Looks ok even for a pinky card!




For this challenge I used a selection of papers and an adorable image from the wonderful Polka Doodles A Double Sprinkle of Kraft CD which I printed out onto the lovely Ultimate Graphic Paper again from Polka Doodles. Before anyone says anything, no, I'm not employed by them, I just love their products! I chose to make an easel card as I adore them. The main image has been decoupaged although you can't see that from this photo.  I have also used a very pale cream coloured cardstock, but for some reason it looks as though it's white.  I guess photography ain't my strong point LOL!



My card is one for those who have their birthdays around Christmas, so although it is in the required colours,  it also has some of the festive imagery too (check out the cute robin!).  The image is a Sarah Kay stamp coloured in promarkers. 


Carole

I loved this challenge, because it meant I could just play with textures and patterns. It's for my friend's 40th, and is a total nestability and edgeability fest, with handmade flowers and plenty of organza ribbon. Most of the card is Bazzil - and came from my off cut box!! So quite an economical card too!!

I enjoyed this challenge because I love the colour combo. I used a LOTV pre coloured image & just added a touch of pink here & there with Whispers pens. My fave Doodlebug dotty papers, MS scallop dot punch, pink card candi & brown & pink ribbon from my stash.



For my card I have used a LOTV stamp which I have coloured with PMs. I used my oval nesties to layer it and added lots of little pink pearls around the frame. The papers I have used are from an old Papermania stack. To finish I added the pink lace,gems,sentiment and some stickles to the balloon and on some of the hearts in the dp.


Who says Christmas has to be red and green?
My card for the challenge uses a lovely Christmas Decoupage stamp from Imagination. I have stamped the image onto several different pieces of paper from my stash and them mounted them as illustrated.
I added some ribbon, vellum, a ribbon slider and some micro beads. I just loved this colour combo.



For my card I used the great Digi Stamp from Kenny K. I love the Kenny K Collection and the color combo of this challenge ;-)
I colored the image with my new copics. The paper is from MME Lost and Found Collection. The Flowers are from Prima.

Susan


For my challenge card I have used a LOTV stamp, coloured with PM's. The papers are from my stash and edged with antique linen distress ink. The filigree corner was a rather bright gold, so I coloured it with expresso alcohol ink and the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I added a touch of pink stickles to the fairy wings and flowers, although they aren't showing too well on the photo.

Feebsy


For my card I created a distressed background using Tattered Rose and Old Paper Distress Inks that were mixed with Blush Perfect Pearls and water. I then used Indigo Blu's Music Hall stamps  inked with Espresso Adirondack Pigment ink. I added some frosted glass gems and backed the finished project onto brown card then onto a cream card.

Jenni

For my card I used a digital image from Paper Make Up I won in a recent challenge which I used my Promarkers to colour - sticking to the Pink, brown & cream colour combo. I used pink cardstock as my base then took some cream card and used a stencil and distress inks to create a patterned backing. I mounted that and my image onto brown cardstock, rounding all the corners with a corner punch. I added some pink cord and some felt 'buttons' to embellish. The sentiment is from a Whimsy Stamps set and I used a rub down to create the rounded box for it.

Susie

You may think I'm Obsessed and you'll be right!!! I Just LOVE LOVE LOVE Pink Petticoat!!
I've printed off one sheet of Gingham, one each of Mocha and  Bubblegum. Cut a Card base of 12 x 24 cm and folded in half. Cut squares of 11 x 11 cm and 9 x 9 cm and distressed the edges. Before layering I used DST to stick down some cream lace. Layered the stitched round the edges of each layer. I then I used my Copic pens and coloured the image and layered onto a piece of the pink gingham and again stitched, then layer into the middle of the card. I trimmed the sentiment to fit and layer onto card.
 Then I  added perfect pearls in swirls to finish off the card.



5 comments:

  1. Hi i need help this is my first time doing this challenge when to put it on & it say need a backlink to this site? what do I need to do
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat and clean sketches made on card which give attraction to card viewer.
    plastic gift cards
    hotel key card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inspiration samples; thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combo for challenge!
    Thanks for fun!
    Hugs!
    Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous DT inspiration, and one of my favorite color combos. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.